Thursday, September 4, 2008

Button Day!


My friend and I heard a rumour that there was a Textiles Display at the University last weekend, so down we went.  Discovered that it was Open Day at the uni, which was a fun experience.  Many young people and their hopeful parents wandering around dreaming of a bright future.

We headed to the Textiles Faculty, not a lot to see, though what was there was very impressive, and found ourselves at a table manned (womanned?) by three lovely young women, who were making buttons to sell to raise money for the Department.

Why do Universities have to sell buttons to raise funds?  Is this not peculiar??  A button cost $3 - buy ready made or make your own.  How many buttons would they need to sell, to keep the Faculty afloat??

Being Crafty Types, we elected to make our own, and had such fun!!  I remember childrens toy button makers, never had the experience myself, but this was one hefty older brother of the little FP toy from a toystore!  It was lots of fun - simple pleasures are still good to me you see...:)

I hope I don't develop into a true cynic any time soon....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was so much fun. I have worn my buttons on suit jacket to work and they have been admired