Friday, September 12, 2008

Been Busy!!







and lost the last post altogether!!  See?  I said I was a technophobe!

These are baby rugs - either cot size or crib size, and a contemporary version of the traditional wool embroidered baby blanket.

The central motif is needle-felted in merino and the embroidery in mohair or merino.  

I sure hope that they sell! They are being offered at the local textile group exhibition next weekend.  I am also hoping to sell some button necklaces, and my huge woolen multi-yarn shawl.

The shawl was actually supposed to be part of the Exhibition - The Living Reef - unfortunately I have just discovered that as such, it should have been lodged last weekend.

Sigh - one day I will grow up and be on the ball.  

And I have discovered WHY I am so tired and grumpy!  In my next post I will explain all - AND I will post another picture!!  

I really want to say thank you to all who have posted such encouraging comments on this little baby blog - it could grow up to be major fun!!

hugs to all





3 comments:

Julie H said...

That shawl is just divine! Stunning, beautiful - can you tell I like it.
If your beautiful rugs do not sell i would be very surprised, but I have a new neice or nephew due in four weeks and would love to commission one from you.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Ruth - your shawl is awesome and the baby rugs are just delicious - so much work in each one - hope they sell!

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Ruth,
Just found your blog today ... love your fibre creations ... I'm just getting into the textile region & enjoying the 'steep' learning curve. Congratulations on selling your wonderful shawl - it looked devine... do hope you are feeling better - I couldn't find on your next post what your health problems were but hope they are sorted ... gets to be a bit exhausting not feeling your best all the time ... OOroo ... Bethel of Bethania