Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birdies For Deb - The Watchers



I finished a piece of work to send to my friend Debbi in W.A. - I was full if trepidation when I sent it off - I have been in an arty-drought for some time, a bit overwhelmed by life from time to time I guess, but the deadline loomed as they do, and I had to stir my stumps and get moving.

I don't generally jump on bandwagons, but gosh the birdie craze has me firmly held.  I even sent to the US to Green Pepper Press, to buy Michelle Ward's fabulous Painted Ladies plate.  Anyway Deb's canvas was a great excuse to put rubber and ink together!

Now that Deb has received it, I can post it here.  I used a canvas board, and some fabric that I had rusted, and one of my precious pieces of mica.  The piece is called The Watchers.

Though my scanner is now working, it was not when I had to send the piece, hence the dodgy quality of the photos!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your birdies.
Love Helen
I am having trouble gettin in. I am trying to use my google sign in but it doesn't want to know.

Anonymous said...

Love your birdies and slide shows.

Nice pic of Kofee-dog.

Neringa

Anonymous said...

Love your birdies and slide shows.

Nice pic of Kofee-dog.

Neringa

Debbi Baker said...

Welcome to blogging Ruth!! Sorry I missed the first post! Love love love this canvas and I am SO happy that it is mine and brightens my life on a daily basis!!

Lorri said...

Hello, I popped over to visit from Debbi's blog.
I love your birdies and I'm sure Deb will too :)

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Your canvas is great - quite haunting looking!