Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where Did It GO???

Okay then - 2008 is almost DONE - tomorrow being New Years Eve - and the past year has slipped away and what do I have to show?

The past few weeks for me, have been as busy and chaotic as everyone else.

Since my return from Melbourne and the fabulous Book of Memories workshop, I seem to have not had a moment - that was mid-November I guess, and Christmas needs start to press about then.  I have done little art - besides Christmas cards - but lots of agonizing and I have RESOLUTIONS for 2009!

For 2009 - I am going to do less stressing.  This is BIG.  I sadly have to quit many of my groups, I know too well that groups depend on members input for success, and I have not been active in lots of them.  Those I have been active in - well I fear that I have let them down - I sign up for "swaps" - and immediately panic, redo everything that I do, then feel disappointed with what I actually send!

I have found, in reviewing my art over the past few years, that the things I love best, are the things I have done, because I wanted to do them - the singular pieces, the one-offs.

This is what I will do in 2009 - what I want to do!

I have diversified into fabric and fibre rather a lot this year - I want to experiment more, with those media, and with the paint and texture that I love.  Dye too -  and RUST - there are so many wonderful experiments to do and if I don't have to actually reveal them to anyone, if they are only for knowledge and experience and PROCESS - then there will be no pressure and only the joy of creating.

This is the plan.  I am such a lazy soul though - I am a bit afraid that without pressure, I will just grind to a halt!

If anyone has a prod to poke me with I would be grateful!

So that is the plan for 2009.

2008 had a gorgeous December - I was involved with a 12 Days of Christmas swap - each day from 12th December, we opened gifties, and what a joy it was!  I shall scan and take photos and post them I swear!

And there WAS Christmas!

What a big one it was this year - 4 families combined - everyone brought food and drink, and it was big and loud and diverse.  Such fun.  I have photos of food..........

In 2009, I also resolve to post more pictures.  Pictures are GOOOOOOOD!!!!!

hope that someone is awake still............  hugs


No comments: