Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions

I did resolve to take better care of my baby blog this year - to this end I have spent a good part of the afternoon adding captions to my slide shows!

I also made a brand new one - on the Book of Memories workshop which I attended in November, I spent sooo long, importing photos, and adding suitable comments and captions - now I cannot remember how to import it to my blog!

I have tried and tried, and now am going to bed in frustration.

Well - soon.

Had another new experience today - I have been a long-time blood donor, but this year I am donating plasma - my doctor is displeased at me giving whole blood, so we have moved to plasma.

What a morning!  

10.30 appointment, I am on time.  Wait 45 minutes til a nurse calls me in.  Quick check of details - takes me to the plasma room - 5 minutes to hook me up to the tubing - 35 minutes for the process - leave there at 12.15.  After a quick stop at the local shopping centre, rush home, make lunch - and suddenly feel quite ODD!

I am sure that next time I will be more prepared, and I will certainly NOT be scheduling anything I need to do, for after it - but the whole half day was gone in the waiting and the process, then because of that, I lost the afternoon feeling weird!

Don't let that put anyone off donating either blood or plasma - people NEED it - so go out and do it, if you don't already!

And tomorrow - I will try again to import my new slideshow - wish me luck!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be more careful with your blood! you need some too!

your 'memories' slideshow is so beautiful. it must have made you feel very close to your family to have created.

Judy said...

Hey Ruth,
Your Book of memories looks sensational - just had a good look at it - love the wire work especially. Tell your lovely daughter i found a scalpel like hers, went on a mission after seeing hers - got it - and thank her every day.

Natalie said...

Hi Aunty Ruth,
I just had a look at your beautiful book of memories. Absolutely gorgeous. Made me a little teary.
Nat xxx